Marston's PLC is a leading independent brewing and pub retailing business operating a vertically integrated business model.
We operate around 2,100 pubs and bars situated across Great Britain, comprising of Tenanted, Leased, Franchise and Managed pubsat the heart of thriving local communities offering a welcoming environment and value for money
We operate five breweries:
- Banks's Brewery in Wolverhampton,
- Marston's Brewery in Burton upon Trent,
- Jennings Brewery in the Lake District,
- Ringwood Brewery in Hampshire and
- Wychwood Brewery in Oxfordshire.
Marston's Inns and Taverns
Marston's Inns and Taverns has transformed itself, over the past few years, from a wet-led, community-based business into the premier league pub restaurant operator you see today. Approximately 70% of combined sales are now generated from the desire to enjoy a value driven dining experience, with greater frequency.
Contributing factors to this dramatic evolution are: the disciplined pursuit of the 'F-Plan' - food, families, females, forty/fifty somethings; the outperformance of the new build programme; the recruitment, development and retention of top quality people.
Marston's Pub Company
Marston's Pub Company operates both tenanted and leased pubs. Our income is derived from the sale of beers, ciders, wines, spirits and soft drinks to the tenants and lessees of our pubs, from rent and gaming machines. Drink, food and gaming machine turnover from over 100 Retail Agreements has started to make an important contribution to income.
We seek to attract and retain the best licensees by offering a wide range of innovative agreements, a flexible approach to the sharing of risk and reward and by building strong business relationships with them. We also provide training, advice and value adding business solutions through our Business Development Managers, MyMarston's Online and our Customer Service Team.
Marston's Beer Company
Marston's Beer Company is our brewing division and focuses on premium cask and bottled beers with true local provenance. Our brands include a wide range of classic English ales brewed in our five breweries:
- Marston's Brewery, Burton upon Trent, where our national flagship brand Marston's Pedigree is brewed
- Banks's Brewery, Wolverhampton brewing Banks's Bitter and Mild
- Castle Brewery, Cockermouth, producing Jennings beers such as Cumberland Ale and Sneck Lifter
- Ringwood Brewery, Hampshire known for its cask beers including Best Bitter, Fortyniner and Old Thumper
- Wychwood Brewery, Oxfordshire, is home to Hobgoblin, Wychwood and Brakspear ales.